Moving with the animals can be a bit challenging if you do not know what to do. Be it your furry friends, hairy or scaly ones, they all need special care to move when you are relocating to a new place as many things need attention. If you have small-sized fish in a jar, you could just put them in a plastic bag, add some water and tie it firmly on the top so that the fish is secured. But if you have a whole big water tank, you need steps to follow to ensure that everything is in place. Make sure you are done with before the movers Des Moines arrive.
Six steps for a safe fish tank moving with the Movers Des Moines
Here are the six things to do or the steps to follow for simple and easy moving.
- Collect all the supplies for moving in advance. Because you will have to move everything inside the tank as well, including fish, plants, decorations, and all, so gather all the necessary equipment to remove these things and place plants and fish gently in the buckets.
- Use water from the tank to fill the containers in which you are transporting the fish and leave some air above. The fish would stress out when they are removed from their tank, so make sure they are least disturbed once moved to their containers.
- Get the tank ready for the move by removing all the things from the tank and then cleaning it.
- Now pack the aquarium carefully in some thermopile sheet or other such things that can prevent cracks on the tank as it is highly fragile.
- Now load the tank in the truck so that it does not have anything on its top, and it has been placed carefully.
- When you have reached your destination with the movers Des Moines the first thing to do is place the fish tank back in place and put all your finned friends back in it. Also, add all the decorations and all the plants around in the tank and set it out as a priority.
If you follow these six tips, you are bound to move your fish without much mess to the new location.